The red brick farmhouse is the first building on the left when driving onto the Snow Farm property. The building dates back to 1735 and is thought to be the first home in Williamsburg. The Snow Farm administrative offices are located in the front of the farmhouse. The back part of the farmhouse is a wood-sided addition dating to 1865 which is now the studio.
The farmhouse studio has two main spaces and two smaller workrooms. The “kitchen” area has a double-bowl sink and one large worktable. The “living-room” area is a larger L-shaped room with four tables. The two smaller workspaces, at the back of the farmhouse, each have a medium-size table. One of the workrooms is a screened-in porch, and one is a breezeway that is not heated. The outdoor space includes an open-air porch, a clothesline for drying, and several grassy areas for various types of work.
The multi-purpose farmhouse studio is used for most of the fiber, basket, and papermaking workshops with a maximum of 10 students.